• Integrated 2:1 switched capacitor charger up to 8A with high efficiency
• High input voltage tolerant VIN pin under working conditions
• Input voltage is 2x Battery Voltage (3.5 V to 4.7 V)
• Safety regulation loop
– VBAT regulation, 3.5 to 4.7V, 5mV step
– ICHG regulation, 0.5 to 8A, 100mA step
– IIN regulation, 0.4 to 4.9A, 100mA step
• Programmable Settings for System Optimization
– Optional VBATREG and IBATREG Regulation for System Load and Wall Adapter Transients
– STAT, FLAG, and MASK options for Interrupts
– ADC Readings and Configuration
• Protection circuitries
– Over-temperature protection (OTP)
– Over-voltage protection (OVP)
– Over-current protection (OCP)
– Reverse-current protection (RCP)
• High accuracy multi-channel 10-bit DAC subsystem
• Integrated 12-Bit Effective Analog-to Digital Converter (ADC)
– ±0.5% BUS Voltage
– ±0.5% VOUT Voltage
– -0.4% to 0.2% BAT Voltage with Differential Sensing
– ±1.5% BAT Current at 6 A with External RSENSE
– ±1% BAT Temperature
– ±4°C Die Temperature
– ±1% BUS Temperature
The WP5300 is a 98% efficient, 8-A battery charging solution integrated high voltage 2:1 switched capacitor architecture for 1 cell Li-Ion and Li-polymer batteries to be used in high voltage direct charging in a wide range of Smartphones and Tablet applications. The device supports 5 V to 10 V input sources and provides up to 8-A current into a single cell battery. The WP5300works as 2:1 switched capacitor with extremely high efficiency (maximum98% at VIN=8.8V, VOUT=4.4V, IBAT=5A). It works in linear regulation mode to regulate the input current, battery charging current, and voltage when there is any deviation from CC/CV level.
The dual-phase architecture reduces the input cap requirements as well as reducing the output voltage ripple. When used with a standard charger, the system enables the fastest charging at the lowest power loss from pre-charge through CC, CV, and termination.
The device integrated all the necessary protection features to ensure safe charging, including input over-voltage and over-current protection, output over-voltage and over-current protection, temperature sensing for the battery and cable, and monitoring of die temperature.
The device includes a 12-bit effective analog-to-digital converter (ADC) to provide bus voltage, bus current, output voltage, battery voltage, battery current, bus temperature, bat temperature, die temperature, and other calculated measurements needed to manage the charging of the battery from a smart wall adapter or power bank.
Smart Phones, Tablets
Portable electronic devices with high input voltage and current.